I'd been looking at wearable tech for Ingress and discovered the Nex Band Evolution and Ingress Mod Band which are...

I'd been looking at wearable tech for Ingress and discovered the Nex Band Evolution and Ingress Mod Band which are pretty much the same thing. I'm not sure who to contact to see what is happening regarding the Band and advancements with software interaction.

I've been in contact with Nex Band Support, but they're waiting on updates from Niantic. There was a flurry of activity back around the 5th of January this year and odd articles from 2016 about seeing a sign at a Niantic booth at Via Lux in Denver.

On a separate note, I have some observations about the scanner that I had experienced earlier this year and was wondering if it would be okay to post my observations here.

Comments

  1. Sooo I pretty consistently ping Nex about the Ingress mod band.. and was referred to Niantic, and than Andrew Krug in an AMA has been asked a few times... and has no update for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told that it's still in development

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased the Nex Band from Mighty Cast's website. UK customs was a bit of a pain, but I'm starting to get used to the device.

    The Ingress Mod Band version might be delayed due to changes coming to Ingress at some point. The Niantic blog post from 12th of September mentions that they're launching a new version of Ingress later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The major one.. is a change to a unity client. No planned feature changes or mechanic changes to start... other than "single hand play"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...