I´ve been keeping a low profile over the last 6-8 weeks. Strange things have started to happen in my surroundings.

I´ve been keeping a low profile over the last 6-8 weeks. Strange things have started to happen in my surroundings.

I live in a small village of nearly 500 people. You know this kind of place - everybody knows everybody. Some weeks ago, strangers appeared from the middle of nowhere, taking residence in two unoccupied houses, one shortly after the other. Their cars are from Hungary and Bulgaria respectively. The owners of those houses said that they rented them to a private company which is responsible for relocating war refugees from those states. Nothing wrong with that, but when I saw those people, I started to wonder. They didn´t look like Middle East to me. One group of them I´d´ve placed in the India/Pakistan/Bangladesh area, while the others definitely had this japanese/korean look. And they don´t seem to know each other, too.

Over the course of the last weeks, I slowly realized that I saw them more often than it should be. When I was walking with our dog, one of those cars was always there, even though the houses were not located on my regular way. When I went hacking and fielding, mostly one, sometimes both of them, seem to be following me. I even saw them on my lunchbreak, when I was farming my workportals!

I was getting more and more intimidated. Could this be true? Are they really following me? Or am I getting paranoid? I upheld my daily schedule, but it was becoming more and more difficult every day. But after yesterdays event, I decided to push the matter. I was walking with my dog and routinely checked on my geocache. Inside the box, I found a piece of paper with a message:

"Gur jbeyq nebhaq lbh vf abg nf vg frrzf"

Shaking all over, I went home and started deciphering the text. It was simple enough and cleared my mind. When I took our dog out for its evening walk, I looked for them. Sure, there they were. Deviating sharply from my regular path, I turned and walked directly towards the car. The drivers eyes open wide. He started the engine, drove backward into the next street, turned around and put the pedal to the metal. Taking a breath of relief, I turned around too and went home.

I know now. I´m scared as hell, yes, but I´m not crazy. I have some ideas who exactly is following me. Still, I have no proof. But I won´t be intimidated no more. And they know I know, too. Whoever they are, the ball is in their court now. I´m waiting for their next move. I´ll keep you updated here.

Comments

  1. "The world around you is not as it seems."

    So, there are Ingress agents following you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They makes move in following Essex members or agents in general?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don´t believe they´re agents. I never had contacts with agents from those countries. And why should they hide and run away when confronted? No agent is my enemy, be it RES or ENL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In here, that post makes sense. but posting that same text, translated into german, on your public stream without nay disclaimer, might have unwanted consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Rother People have done so before. As long as I don´t make any money from it, all Niantic can do is tell me to stop. If they do so, I will do so. But I don´t think they will ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant, that it reads as if you needed help from the police, if the reader didn't know it was fictional...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...