/me is very excited!

/me is very excited! 

Ok, so for the last couple of weeks I've been silently working on something that I consider interesting and I'd like to share it with you all(and also try to garner some help in what I consider to be a massive endeavor).  Consider this more of a initial briefing. It's also in its early stages so that's why I'm showing it all to you now, so that I can get a discussion going on it and from that I may hopefully be able to better refine it. 

This is probably the most ambitious idea I've ever had and it's not something I can complete alone.

I'd like to unravel the curtain on what I'm calling: Essex News

So Essex News is a episodic series of Missions that take place around the world in as many places as possible. The goal of EN is to provide recaps of the information pouring out of various sources within the world of Ingress, whether it is from the Niantic Project or NP Researchers, the Corporations or Truthseekers like H. Richard Loeb, Verity Seke and Susanna Moyer. 

The idea is that, like I said, I can't do this alone. I would need to enlist the help of willing Investigators here in Essex to act as EN Reporters for their local area. What they would do is either utilize their knowledge of the Portals in their local area to create EN Missions or work in tandem with local Agents to help create them. 

Another roadblock is whether they will be weekly or monthly.  Doing it monthly would just make it so there's more info to add in(For example, releasing EN missions at Ingress First Saturday events that would cover the previous month of information).
Doing it weekly, on the other hand, would have to rely on NIA OPS to consistently release the Missions on a weekly schedule and I'm not sure if that'll work but I could be wrong on that. 

There are possibly many more challenges ahead but I'm more than willing to forgo them in order to see what I believe is a interesting way to allow Agents to learn more about the current situation in the world of Ingress.

SO, with all that being said, I'd like to hear from you all:

Should Essex News be a thing? Do you support the idea or not? Regardless of your answer, please respond with your thoughts for or against it. If not, why? And, if the idea becomes a reality, would you be willing to be an EN Reporter for your area? 

I can't wait to hear your thoughts. 


In the name of the truth, I release this information. I can only hope it serves our journey well. 

-Mustafa.

Comments

  1. The ingress mythos is part of the full experience, IMO. Anything to spread information and get more agents involved is a positive thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cannot call for transparency unless we are willing to expose ourselves as well.   #OperationEgress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Robitske I personally have always tried to be as transparent as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the missions reflected the current storyline unfolding. that would allow agents in the local area to expand on the storyline in an Essex type way with history and portals and their relevance to the story. This would break up the work into chunks that are at least manageable in concept. Just off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming up with a pre packaged report format for agents to simply fill out would allow you to manage their content for your production.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea Mustafa Said​, I will try to help, unfortunately my time is really limited, as can be seen by the speed that my owb project is moving. But count my in, anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. I think a monthly basis will be more practical, at least initially.. We can collect questions for a.monthly pool and then base the missions on those.. I'd like for the missions medals to be the same for each month, everywhere. So centralized medal design. That way there will be an incentive to do them.. Maybe have some guildlines so that all missions adhere to a high standard. Not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to this but I'm happy to give it a shot..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karlo Iglesias Perhaps that could be part of the mission - leading agents from the misinformation spread by Niantic and the Corps and to the truth (or the nearest we've come) that we've uncovered.  Kind of a simulation the path we take ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't commit to any sort of schedule, but this is along the lines of some things I have been working on:

    https://www.ingress.com/mission/ea2bba3dec7f4c28bed8b03e59628a00.1c

    https://www.ingress.com/mission/2b2648e2007a42f5887d0ee83ff4003a.1c

    Local response to the Essex mission has been good; one agent who recently completed had a friend along to help look things up, and her friend found the story to be extremely interesting / is wanting to read more, so I think there is potential here. No takers on the ADA mission, though it has only been up a few days now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...