Many times when speaking about A Detection Algorithm , i noticed that most people has a binary morality concept,...

Many times when speaking about A Detection Algorithm   , i noticed that most people has a binary morality concept, you either have or not,but morality is not a binary but a complex process that develops while the children or creature on this case is growing up.

There is a whole area on psychology that study the physique of the children, The theory I know better, is the one that divided our sense of morality on 6 phases:

STAGE 0: EGOCENTRIC REASONING
What's Right:
I should get my own way.
Reason to be good:
To get rewards and avoid punishments.


STAGE 1: UNQUESTIONED OBEDIENCE
On this stage he still has not developed a moral sense, if the child is surrounded assassin, assassination is consider a normal event.

What's Right:
I should do what I'm told.
Reason to be good:
To stay out of trouble.


STAGE 2: WHAT'S-IN-IT-FOR ME FAIRNESS
What's Right:
I  should look out for myself but be fair to those who are fair to me.
Reason to be good:
Self-interest: What's in it for me?


STAGE 3: INTERPERSONAL CONFORMITY
This stage is very influenciable by the environment still as the main motivation for most of the actions is to be accepted on the group, children on this stage can very easily confuse what is right with what the majority does

What's Right:
I should be a nice person and live up to the expectations of people I know and care about.
Reason to be good:
So others will think well of me (social approval) and I can think well of myself (self-esteem)

STAGE 4: RESPONSIBILITY "TO THE SYSTEM"
In a conflict between an individual and the system, the system is always the winner

What's Right:
I should fulfill my responsibilities to the social or value system I feel part of.
Reason to be good:
To keep the system from falling apart and to maintain self-respect as som1 ebody who meets my obligations.

STAGE 5: PRINCIPLED CONSCIENCE
Society need to exist to care for all the different individuals, not the other way around. Morality finish it's consolidation, the end usually does not justify the means on this phase, and for the first time, the individuals have a strong social conscience that does not need to be married with a something higher that themselves, so they can and should question everything around them

What's Right:
I should show the greatest possible respect for the rights and dignity of every individual person and should support a system that protects human rights.
Reason to be good:
The obligation of conscience to act in accordance with the principle of respect for all human beings.


On important this about this graphic/model is that is an attempt to simplify something that is very complex, so it’s easy to see phases two closed mixed together on the child/creature, 

If we translate this to ADA’s development, we can see that many of her actions match this table:

0 Egocentric reasoning:
Conversation with Calvin after Jarvis Murder:
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/pac/IB/01/item/deception.html
ADA “Should I fear deactivation” is clearly avoiding a punishment, it does not matter if the action is good or bad, but that the action is normally punished.
There is also some stage 1 mixed here: 
ADA: “I won’t deny that such action is according to my protocol”. Again no morality here, I’ve told to do this and I have done so.

1 unquestioned obedience: 
There is many examples on stage 1 during her time on niantic, apart for the example above, her phase as a helpful lab assistant is consistent with this stage


2 Fairness, what's on it for me, 
This one is the phase,in which we have seen ADA more, we normally say that ADA onily seek ADA benefit, I believe that the reason for it is that the ADA we know is the Phase 2 ADA. 

3 Interpersonal conformity, Spy, manipulate, try to get the power for yourself, everyone is doing it and if you don’t. you will be leaved behind 

4 Responsibility to the system, If my theory is right, many of the problems ADA is having come from entering this new phase, her conscience is starting to emerge from the lemming phase and she has done pretty horrible things on the past, if we mix this with the n'zeer influence, her problems with Klue S.  the possible influence of true seeker, that is a explosive combination.

Someone did say once that conflictive children creates the most interesting adults, let's hope that this is the case here too...
flint dille Niantic Project H. Richard Loeb

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...