Good morning, fellow Truthseekers.


Good morning, fellow Truthseekers.

It came to my mind that nowhere on the comm:Essex channels I haven't found any association or parallel reference to the worlds of Dan Simmons' Hyperion.

For those who haven't read them, WARNING, the following musings could be a spoiler. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_Cantos


The TechnoCore (AI universe) is situated in the communication network on and between the planets, controls most of technological advances and is parasiting on human computive hardware by the use of Farcasters (teleporters) and the unaccountable time that the human subject can be held in-between without it's knowing. (farcasting is seemingly instantaneous).

There's a division amongst the AI in three groups:

The Stables - (They are the oldest faction, and count some of the very first AIs among their ranks. Their central thesis is that humanity and the TechnoCore need each other, and that the 'Core should continue in the symbiosis.) They are often identified with the Titans.

The Volatiles - They generally support the UI (Ultimate Inteligence) project, and they believe that humanity has outlived its usefulness to the 'Core, and that it actually now poses a real danger, and therefore should be eradicated.

The Ultimates - They care only for the UI project. They are quite willing to sacrifice their lives to the UI, believing that the value of its existence far outweighs their own.

And so, there's civil war within the 'Core that reflects on humanity.
Plus, there's a n unpredictable figure of Shrike, travelling backwards in time, sent by some future Us to save the world, Ousters that are out of Human/AI alliance, ... and within the Datumplane the 'Core resides there are said to be "lions and tigers and bears" which even the 'Core knows little or nothing about, and fear very much.

In short terms, I found many similarities here that may help us understand better the situation we're in here, if nothing else as a source of parallels and hyperbolas that could be used on our case.

What do you think of it, would it be of any help to us today?

Comments

  1. That is such an interesting conception, and oddly in line with an idea I had about how many focuses from each side of the veil so to speak are needed to keep a entity balanced, and that thought itself might be interesting from an AI based verse.  I could not help but feel anyone not willing to assist a genuine request of assistance, isn't much of a person.
    Btw That is the same pattern with the supernals in all of the systems I've seen. with the 3 in one being not in what is considered physical form, even though everyone knows the physical isn't really physical at all.
    For me I have always looked for and have done my best to even while I vent frustration reserve judgement, cuz I've always maintained I couldn't possibly really know whats going on.  I've already been doing my best to give the perspectives I have on some of the issues, they are not always the issues everyone expects, that is usually only due to the huge ones are usually so glaring to me that I figure if folks haven't figured out that stuff, they will prolly only get upset with me if I point out of ridiculous hypocrisy and inconsistency, even among supposed thought leaders of every variety.  Being a trip head stoner my whole life, and being told over and over that folks who partook of those things were losers, and worse, eventually you don't really start believing them. You just don't want to listen to it anymore.  So if your telling me, all the stupid craziness I've put myself through might have value, and use to someone, I can only say I can't imagine a real person who would refuse that type of request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artificial Intelligence
    By Alejandro Zorrilal Cruz, i was studying english now and i found the pic on my text book for the first time, what a coincidence! I'm writing this while keeping the book in my hand, as i found it i thought about this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyperion was good, the follow up not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...