Perhaps I have been in this cave for too long.

Perhaps I have been in this cave for too long. I went for a walk today, and as the sun hid its face from the shame of this world, I perceived shadows -- but not shadows. Places where shadows should be, but instead is entropy; as though someone had hewn shapes out of the fabric of this world. Describing the abyssal nature of these gaps in what should be reality fills me with dread, as though some primal part of me knows to be fearful of them. What was the most unnerving about these rents in reality was the sound.

Or rather, the lack thereof. A cosmic rending. A cacophony of things -- things which could not and should not exist -- being ripped and torn and divided until the pieces become inconsequential, and are borne away upon the winds. All sound from my footsteps flowed like rivulets into the myriad abysses, each springing forth from an object which, in daylight, would have cast a shadow.

I shall call these phenomena "Umbra," after Latin for "shadow."

Have others noticed these as of late?

Comments

  1. I have, in the shadows of tombstones of my local cemetery. I frequent it often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With #Darsana here, all shadows may fade into light. The xm beacons fill the sky with their weird glow. As xm os not blocked by base matter is a wonder there is night at all anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The First & Foremost Interesting analysis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...