Man it has been a while since I posted in here as things came up during Darsana.

Man it has been a while since I posted in here as things came up during Darsana.  You may have noticed that I have now switched to the Enlightened recently.  I tell you it is possibly because of trying to hack the Jarvis and ADA virus to make them more powerful.   Let me start from the beginning.

Back in November we had a local Darsana anomaly in our town (Virginia Beach).  At the time I was Resistance and we walked away with a victory.  Then after the anomaly ended, a Truth Seeker mission went live.  I did the mission, but something just was not sitting right.  Later on that night I had a dream.  A very realistic dream, one that had me trying to replicate the Jarvis and ADA virus and make a new version of them.  A Version more powerful.  I didn't know what exactly was going to make them more powerful yet.

Then at the conclusion of Darsana we all learn that the Resistance are working to call the N'Zeer, another "alien race", back to earth.  The Shapers fear them, but why?  Again that night after the Ingress report I had the dream again about working on the two Viri but this time I seen what was going to make them more powerful.

So I began to try to reverse engineer the two virus, but quickly dried up my reserve cash.  My first attempt ended up exploding both the Jarvis virus and the ADA Virus while I was still in my garage lab.  Tell you what, that was not a fun night sleeping.  So many what I would call nightmare images would haunt me as I attempted to sleep.  After that I said I am done, I will leave this to Oliver Lynton-Wolfe .

About a week later I received some anonymous funds and went back to work.  This time I knew what I had to do.  I slowly took them apart and began to buildup the new virus.  I finally got it to become stable and transportable!  So the obvious thing was to go test out this virus live in the field and what came next changed me forever.

I guess now might be a good time to explain this new virus.  I don't have a name for them, but was leaning to Wolfe and Devra virus.  Anyway this virus is similar to the current ADA and Jarvis iteration in that it will flip the portals faction owner, but with a twist, it also sends a copy of the virus out on all outbound links and flips that portal as well.  The cost was an additional 700 XM to be used for each link.  So for example a Level 1 Portal with one link would cost 1700XM (1000 XM to flip level 1 portal and 700 SMto send the virus down the link.)  By this measure a Level 8 portal with the max of 8 outbound links would cost 13,600 XM ( 8000 XM to flip the level 8 portal and 5600 XM to send the virus down each link)

So I went out to the test bed field to try it out. I didn't want to try it out on a Maxed out portal on the first go, and I also didn't want to start it on a  low level portal ither, so I tested it on a Level 5 portal with 3 outbound links to nearby portals.  i deployed the new virus, and low and behold it flipped!  I watched and bam the outbound linked portals flipped also!  I was so happy!  But my enjoyment ended quickly.  All the effected resonators began to shake violently until they exploded.  I was disappointed, and thought I would have to go back to the drawing board.

 I decided to try it again with my last virus.  It started off just like last time,  It flipped the portal and flipped the outbound linked portals, but this time I did it on a Level 8 with 8 outgoing links in a densely clustered group.  I was Level 14 at the time and had the XM and thought go big or go home.  This time all the resonators hummed together if as if they were in unison.  Then a great explosion came from the resonators and every portal in the area went into defensive mode and shocked me to unconsciousness.

The weird thing about be unconscious is that I was in a dream like state.  I was seeing a great battle waging.  I could only suspect that it was between the Shapers and N'zeer.  I can't tell if it was the past or the future, but one thing appears to me is that the N'zeer feed  off of fear, while the Shapers feed off of our curiosity.  It is for this reason that I had to change to the Enlightened and hung up USAFBioman's suit and put on the GREENDEADPOOL suit. 

Stay safe my friends.   #FanFiction   #NewModPlease

Comments

  1. Great to hear from you again. This is a very interesting occurrence and the name "Devra Virus" would seem quite fitting for a virus that spreads gray portals. Is it possible that your research has inadvertantly traced along the same lines hers did and you've reached a point where she was in the early development of her portal decay virus? Or maybe yours is more advanced as it seems to cause a very quick death for the resonators. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The First & Foremost I guess you can say that my eyes are a little more open.  It isn't due to the waning Resistance identity, more than it is being a truth seeker.  Both factions have things that are hidden and speak in half truths.  My Resistance team members do feel butthurt over the change, but those are the ones who don't understand that this is more than just a game.

    David Timothy Maybe this is what Devra was able to accomplish and had learned things that I had not since hers appeared to be stable.  I guess you could say I had a mini epiphany event happen while trying to create these new viri for agents.  All I can say is never again.............

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...