.


.

Comments

  1. What are the discerning criteria for fanfic over field work and cryptic developments in progress? I really want to know considering how blurry my real lived personal life experiences and my involvement as an Ingress Agent and "Fan" of the game has become over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a piece of an actual mission/event being designed in my cell, if that helps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my dividing line.

    Revealed elements of the storyline in leaks, G+ posts by characters, etc, form the world which we are trying to illuminate. Building elements on your own that could be any of those things is outside the scope of our activities here. 

    Working in world-historical, religious, or philosophical events to the Niantic Project story is a great idea. Making up structures of speculation that could tie together what we know into a new whole is even better. Creating new characters or designing new leaks is confusing and actually lowers the profile of Essex in general. Think of it this way: our job is interpretation.

    I've done similar things to the above in the past for local missions, and basically what you want to do is hang it loosely on the existing storyline hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, and really no offense intended, I don't think posts like this belong in Essex at all. The purpose of Essex is to analyse Niantic documents, make real world connections (if applicable) to try to extrapolate future events. And to spread our discoveries to prepare the Ingress community for whats next. This is not that, and is both distracting and a source of (I think unnecessary) noise in the community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim Typhoon thanks that's a really great way to help me navigate and maintain Op Essex's MO. Still doesn't completely clear up or help me provide. an answer when dealing with a highly immersive, emergant and downright mercurial nature my experience with the Niantic project has been. I honestly can't give a straight answer here other than I'm building on the past response I've had with my own content and what I come to learn from the greater ingress community. So I'm going to leave this post and where it should be categorized up to OP-ESX admins. What I am going to do though, in the hopes of clearing some confusion is to start posting as my none page IRL profile Sia Abderezai and limit my BH23F content esp on main topic boards so you know when I am commenting as someone actually working help uncover details and when I'm producing "content" I'm really not kidding when I say how much of what I have lived predating my involvement as a player and what coils about the "Story Line" arch of Ingress and very much have a lot to say and unload to a user base that has a capacity to acquire, digest and apply a tangible variant deeply rooted in what is very abstract. I also strive for and take pride in retaining good community standards and how I interact with the world online especially in communities where at the end of the day I'm a guest in and have no administrative privileges or duties, so I'll work to improve and maintain what's here. Please feel free to DM me on my actual profile if it's something you feel needs further discussing .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anthony Castanza no offense taken. I treat a lot of what I do involving Ingress as "Work" and want to know if I'm doing my job wrong or placing something where it doesn't belong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to discourage you from making whatever Blackhorse 23 Files stuff you want, because I love all of it. It's clear also that Niantic likes it too, as you got in the weekly email. It just might not be all Essex stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jim, I'm really not upset more than now having more other questions about where my place is in the greater comm at large, and how to reach people without screwing what don't need hammering. There's still plenty i do go on about and utilize and cross reference here so sorry, I'm not leaving , and honestly you can ask my friends or family, sometimes I am just too opaque or overpowering in how I express ideas , so I'm not trying to troll or be anything other than how I go about it, I just need to be smarter with how I do it and strike a better signal/noise balance. I'll still be placing some stuff here where I personally consider part of my own research and you guys and girls as a bunch are the mental litmus test. But I'll take greater care. I still need to my response on Paul Fritschle s thread and I think I'll just do an audio log to break down what I believe are notable connecting points in the Darsana anomolies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like I need to be "invited" again if I am to place content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like I said days ago... monitor glyph sentences. We can send a message, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Created a Wiki page for the RPG being played at the MAGNUS Reawakens event - please help add intel and share...