I don't know much about sound, so my apologies upfront.

I don't know much about sound, so my apologies upfront. I haven't been able to separate the channels in the file yet and I'm not sure how to go about decrypting the header information. Does this mean anything? What's the flat line at 8s? Is it possible to tease out whatever sound may be there and isolate it?
This is a sine at about 0.5kHz or 500Hz , and as a flat line, this is audible as a continuous tone, which sounds about the same as heard in this vid :
ReplyDeleteyoutube.com - 500 Hz Test Tone
But regarding the very short duration of about 0.5 secs, it would rather be audible as a short blip or beep.
Depending on where this was recorded from, it can have very different sources, like a single dot from a rapid morse ( unlikely as no other signs of morse are visible in the waterfall ), or if it was recorded from any kind of over the air ( like shortwave, ham radio, ... ) it might just be a disturbance caused by any natural cause or technical equipment .
have a listen at the following, might be interesting :
ReplyDeletewebsdr.ewi.utwente.nl - Wide-band WebSDR in Enschede, the Netherlands
Kobalt Blues were you able to grab anything else off this file and if you still have the original file saved could you send it to me?
ReplyDelete