"Information is toxic without wisdom."
"Information is toxic without wisdom."
- the Acolyte
I'mma let you finish, but I feel this should be rephrased as, "the use of information without wisdom has the potential to be toxic."
#ingress #nianticproject #copyediting
https://youtu.be/szU6Qa4_S0c
- the Acolyte
I'mma let you finish, but I feel this should be rephrased as, "the use of information without wisdom has the potential to be toxic."
#ingress #nianticproject #copyediting
https://youtu.be/szU6Qa4_S0c
well she IS a JARVIS acolyte. Grammar hasn't been her strong suit. Almost like she's trying too hard to be intricate when she isnt. we see passed this.
ReplyDeleteI don't see anything grammatically wrong with what she said.
ReplyDeleteWow she's good looking 😍
ReplyDeleteShapers Victory liberate human soul...
ReplyDeleteUnless it's supposed to be literal in some way? For example Carrie had no idea what all the glyphs were that were coming to her which proved quite toxic.. Though you could say her act of writing them was 'using' them? Perhaps a half truth can be toxic as well as it spreads something negative without context. Could be copy editing too...
ReplyDeletePast*
ReplyDelete+1 for the Kanye West reference. 😆
ReplyDeleteInteresting distortion. I wonder about the source? We've seen similar electronic intrusion apparently traced back to an XM transmission since the Cupid's Span event but have never definitively identified the originator(s).
ReplyDeleteShe is really in good shape 😉
ReplyDeleteKnowledge without wisdom is poison, but wisdom without knowledge is (what?)... There is a real problem here. Jahan offers knowledge; the Acolyte, wisdom, but can't I have both? We've heard of Resistance agents calling Jahan out for betraying their pledge to be independent of alien influence (Shaper or N'zeer), but where is the option of accepting (or stealing) both their benefits. The Acolyte needs a copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. The godhead lives in the machine as much as in the forest.
ReplyDelete"There is a perennial classical question that asks which part of the motorcycle, which grain of sand in which pile, is the Buddha. Obviously to ask that question is to look in the wrong direction, for the Buddha is everywhere. But just as obviously to ask that question is to look in the right direction, for the Buddha is everywhere."
ReplyDeleteSteven Callahan Quote above. The deeper meaning is that there is a balance between the classical and romantic because the distinction itself is an illusion, because all distinctions are illusions. If the reality of the mind and the "real" world are the same, the machine is as much the godhead as all things else. As he says above, the Buddha is there to.
ReplyDeleteOh, and by godhead I mean, "source of enlightenment" not an entity. "Head" as in river head. Lowercase g, "god" as in perfection. Eastern and Western vocabularies clashing.
ReplyDeleteSteven Callahan Yes, I do believe we are at the same place. I agree with everything you've said there.
ReplyDelete