I've done a little digging on the whole #Interitus 3rd Faction rumors. I think I'm at a point to say it's debunked.
I've done a little digging on the whole #Interitus 3rd Faction rumors. I think I'm at a point to say it's debunked.
The logo itself is real. We have proof that it's legitimate from the Ingress created anomaly event here: https://plus.google.com/events/cp10eeunpntcjqcb89scua8ogl4
But outside of that, we're looking at a very well faked video. Using an alias that's been rather public for testing purposes, the name of the agent can be changed in application, along with a great many other items simply by modifying the information coming in from the server response. A great example of this along with fake artifacts can be seen here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/21q30h/solved_how_would_a_portal_look_like_with_all_of/
By examining the name and the artifacts, (in a video form as well further down), you'll note that it is faked with good accuracy.
On another note, this comment (http://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/21q30h/solved_how_would_a_portal_look_like_with_all_of/cgieg3w) notes that the user who faked the artifacts simply for demonstration knows who made it. Given that he's an unofficial dev, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to fake something like that with that sort of skill.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the screenshots/video are incredibly well orchestrated fakes.
As to what officially may be going on... well. We'll have to wait and see.
https://plus.google.com/events/cp10eeunpntcjqcb89scua8ogl4
The logo itself is real. We have proof that it's legitimate from the Ingress created anomaly event here: https://plus.google.com/events/cp10eeunpntcjqcb89scua8ogl4
But outside of that, we're looking at a very well faked video. Using an alias that's been rather public for testing purposes, the name of the agent can be changed in application, along with a great many other items simply by modifying the information coming in from the server response. A great example of this along with fake artifacts can be seen here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/21q30h/solved_how_would_a_portal_look_like_with_all_of/
By examining the name and the artifacts, (in a video form as well further down), you'll note that it is faked with good accuracy.
On another note, this comment (http://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/21q30h/solved_how_would_a_portal_look_like_with_all_of/cgieg3w) notes that the user who faked the artifacts simply for demonstration knows who made it. Given that he's an unofficial dev, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to fake something like that with that sort of skill.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the screenshots/video are incredibly well orchestrated fakes.
As to what officially may be going on... well. We'll have to wait and see.
https://plus.google.com/events/cp10eeunpntcjqcb89scua8ogl4
Thank you for helping to clear the issue up. I fear the Ingress community at large fell prey to a belated April Fools Prank. Shame on you DI!
ReplyDeleteI figured it was fake when neo was a blue account, since it's always been a green account previously. Also, April 1.
ReplyDeleteBrent Hollett That account is Brandon Badger's test account. It flips alignment constantly.
ReplyDeleteThomas Arteaga Have you got any screenshots of it blue for interest's sake? I've only ever seen it green, which is where the rumours that Brandon Badger was an Enlightened player came from.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, nobody with any sense makes announcements on April 1.
Brent Hollett Here you go. Took me forever to find it. https://plus.google.com/114800310452543164210/posts/KTDa7tha7Uc
ReplyDeleteI think that we should ask all of the Niantic employees about their faction choice just for reference. I had asked Bill Killday, but he jokingly responded "orange faction" 😑
"Anyway, nobody with any sense makes announcements on April 1."
ReplyDeleteWell, yes, but I thought we were talking about Niantic.
Paul Gettle Touche
ReplyDeleteNow while the video may be fake, the idea of a third faction comming to light soon may not be. Some of the Glyph messages hint at it also.
ReplyDeleteBrent Werlein I have not seen any glyph sequence indicative of a 3rd faction manifesting. Maybe you can show me otherwise?
ReplyDeleteThomas Arteaga when I get to a computer I will look it up and post it in here. I have a document that I have many sequences sorted by word.
ReplyDeleteI had the documents posted in the glyph research but that post is gone.
Thomas Arteaga Here are some that I think Hint at a 3rd faction and the original two needing to team up together to save humanity. I guess you can say it isn't a single message but a series of messages.
ReplyDeletePotential Xm War
Strong Together Avoid War
Liberate XM Portal Together
Peace Stability Future
Portal Potential Change Future
Portal Change Civilization End
Shapers Message End Civilization
Perfection Balance Safety All
Brent Werlein None of those indicate a third faction, and make perfect sense in terms of working together (i.e. Join the Resistance) to stop the Shapers.
ReplyDeleteBrent Hollett these were just a quick few. I posted my doc. Hard to get my thoughts out while mobile.
ReplyDeletePaul Gettle Dr.Wright stated that the shapers no nothing of jokes, so, that is out of the question.
ReplyDelete