so, general question... we know that ADA passed the "turing test", we also have many studies showing how the turing test can actually be gamed by very complex programming and in fact you can write programs to create the allusion of AI for many (the chinese room thought experiment). At what point are we certain that she began acting on her own and has not been following a program and orders by someone else. Are we certain that those orders that she delivered for Jarvis and others and even the Katalena pre Zurich encounters, were not done on the orders of some programming. NOt to call ADA a gun, but how certain are we she is not? How can we prove, beyond doubt, that she is truly a separate entity working on her own and not some other programming? I would like to call for the evidence and proof that ADA is a complete entity. That she is not following someone else's computer orders, that she has a consciousness (or not). http://niantic.schlarp.com/_media/investigation:cha...
I wonder if she can understand concepts such as "beauty" and "craftsmanship" and "feeling" beyond a textbook level.
ReplyDeleteRory Durkin That was PAC's original job at Niantic. To help "humanize" ADA
ReplyDeleteADA wants to be human. Right now she's living THROUGH Klue. Now she wants a body of her own because Klue is fighing to keep control of the body they both inhabit. I'm thinking ADA wants the artifacts to create that new body like Jarvis did after 13Magnus.
ReplyDeleteThe artifacts are supposed to be the key to eternal life. What if they are the key to creating blank human vessels that you could put your mind into? Anytime your body wore out you could simply create a new one and "jump" into it, thus, eternal life. The body dies but the mind lives on in a new one.
Just my 2 cents. :-)
Yes, but I wonder how much humanity and feeling is possible without a biological body. I realize she sort of has Klue's now, but the original instance remains digital.
ReplyDeleteThat's quite a choice to make; ADAs digital existence offers her a lot of abilities that would be lost if she fully moved (as opposed to instantiating) into a human body.
ReplyDeleteAgreed Rory Durkin. However, I can't help but remember STNG and Data's drive to become human. I feel he would have given up anything to become truly human. ADA may be the same way.
ReplyDeleteCarrie Slivick Makes you wonder who's body Roland Jarvis is inhabiting, if anyone's. Pursuing humanity is fine, so long as it's not at the expense of another. I wouldn't mind ADA's pursuit so much if the humanity of an innocent like Klue wasn't also hanging in the balance.
ReplyDeleteKrishna Hammond, I was thinking the same thing. How is Klue linked to the "host" ADA. Is it through some quantum entanglement, or is it s full copy. I'm leaning towards the first.
ReplyDeleteKarsten Roland
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking that Jarvis was "rebodied" rather than possessing an already existing body. This would be similar to what happened to Farlowe and, apparently, Hank.