While adding some items to the google doc collecting symbols of eternity/immortality/death&rebirth, I remembered...

While adding some items to the google doc collecting symbols of eternity/immortality/death&rebirth, I remembered something that's kind of funny.

So there's a story about Heracles going into the underworld to rescue his dead love and bring her back to the land of the living.

Building upon that story is a Greek comedy about Dionysus being drunk at the house of a friend.  The friend is very sad and Dionysus asks him why.  The friend explains that his wife has died, and he's grieving.  (Making the wife quite possibly the original woman in a refrigerator.)

This will not stand, so the demi-god disguises himself  as Heracles and goes down into the underworld to rescue his friend's dead wife.  Many hilarious indignities happen to Dionysus over the course of the story.  I really should find my copy of it.

The name of this play?

The Frogs.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

so, general question.

Essex members as you are aware essex and our member Lukas Lentz credibility , were attacked by the Global Data...

I am beginning to catalogue a list of Transdimensional Objects which appear to be inert artifacts, but, in fact,...